AFB Training: Customer Risk and CDD Compliance Certificate
Please Note: This course will be available from 31 March 2024 via the GCAL Learning Management System (LMS). You can register ahead of this date, however, you will only be able access to the course content from 31 March onwards.
By registering, you agree to your details being shared with the course provider, GCAL, in order to access the learning management system required to complete the course. Payment in full is required before course commencement.
The AFB Customer Risk and CDD (customer due diligence) Compliance Certificate is a new online programme tailored for AFB members. The course is an on-demand (pre-recorded) instructor-led learning programme designed for risk professionals who are required to perform customer due diligence checks and investigations as part of the risk-based approach to managing financial crime risks. The training will include update on the latest trends, such as the use of digital identification and providing an introduction on how to perform enhanced due diligence checks using open-source information (OSINT).
The Certificate focuses on practical applications of the learnings, which members can use in their day-to-day roles. It will be delivered in partnership with Great Chatwell Academy of Learning (GCAL), who have delivered the successful AFB Financial Crime Diploma course.
AFB members have exclusive priority access to the course for six months and are offered a 15% discount.
Course participants can expect to benefit from:
- Five learning modules (each module lasts one hour) with up-to-date content;
- Delivery via online and on-demand instructor-led learning, which can be completed at the learner’s convenience;
- Modules that include structured learning and case-study analysis;
- End of module MCQ (multiple choice questions) assessment that will confirm understanding;
- CPD credits for all sessions attended, awarded by the CPD Certification Service.
On successful completion of all assessments, participants will receive the AFB Customer Risk and CDD Compliance Certificate awarded in association with the University of Gloucestershire.
Who should attend?
- CDD operators
- Senior Financial Crime professionals
- MLRO’s and their deputies
- Internal Auditors
- Introductions and defining the risk
- Crime typologies, ‘Think like a criminal’
- UK and International legal and regulatory responsibilities for corporates and regulated individuals
- Managing the risks – what it looks like
- Reporting and escalating the risks
By the end of this programme, you will be able to:
- Describe current and emerging trends used by criminals to disguise their identity, control and ownership of the proceeds of crime.
- Explain UK and international legal and regulatory CDD standards.
- Define the risk-based approach to CDD, including enhanced due diligence.
- List sources of guidance & open-source information databases to guide and inform risk assessments
- Demonstrate how to use search operators to verify customer identity, and to identity adverse media for higher-risk applicants and relationships.
- Perform enhanced due diligence for higher risk relationships to identify unusual activity.