We are hiring: Events and Training Manager
Term: Maternity Cover – 10 month fixed term contract
Location: Hybrid (split between Central London office in City and homebased)
Sector: Financial Services/Membership organisation
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits, excellent annual leave
Application Deadline: Friday 13 January 2023
Start Date: Mid-Late January 2023
As an Events and Training Manager, you will be working closely with the Director of Practice, Training and Events to devise and implement a coordinated programme that delivers value for the AFB Membership. This will involve working with both AFB members and our partner firms to organise all logistical arrangements for both virtual and in-person events.
You will need to have:
- Experience of planning, organising and on the day management of events, including all logistical aspects and meeting deadlines.
- Experience in managing an on-going pipeline of Events
- An understanding of the importance of delivering events for a membership community
- Demonstrable experience of client relationship management and client-facing roles
- Experience of working with marketing teams to produce marketing materials and campaigns
- IT proficiency (MS Office and ideally experience of using a Customer Relationship Management system)
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written, with the ability to draft communications that are accurate and error free
- Professional presentation and networking/relationship skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to strict deadlines
What makes you stand out?
- Conscientious with an attention to detail
- The ability to work independently when required
- A willingness to work flexibly, sometimes outside of normal working hours
- Although not essential, a keen interest in The City and financial services
- A self-starter who can demonstrate AFB’s internal values of COLLABORATION, INTEGRITY and EXCELLENCE
To apply please email Amy Swain, Director, Member and Stakeholder Engagement with a copy of your CV and cover letter of not more than two pages outlining your suitability for the role.
About the AFB
The Association of Foreign Banks is the voice of Foreign Banks in the UK. We are a small, friendly, diverse and growing team.
THE AFB’S MISSION: BUILDING BANKING BUSINESS
We want everything we do to make a real difference for our members in terms of building their business.
THE AFB’S EXTERNAL VALUES
Focused: This is our Foundation.
We work in service of foreign banks and only foreign banks.
Demand driven: This is our Commitment.
We are customer-focused, guided and governed by our members.
Value for money: This is our Benchmark.
We deliver best-in-class content at a well-controlled price.
THE AFB’S INTERNAL VALUES
Collaboration: This is our Strength.
We work positively and constructively with one another and with our stakeholders, driving innovation.
Integrity: This is our Way.
We are honest, transparent and authentic. We are respectful and resilient – and we actively embrace diversity.
Excellence: This is our Mindset.
We are informed, ambitious leaders, striving for quality, simplicity and sustainability.